My best friend has a quote hanging on the wall in her bedroom that reads, "flirt with disaster." When I first saw it I took it down immediately. I didn't understand it. I felt she flirted with disaster too much because she was always dating troubled boys. Only now do I comprehend. When things go wrong you can't afford to fall down. When the storm kicks in don't run inside. Grab an umbrella and dance in the rain. Life is what you make it. Don't waste time complaining of what you want to be but spend time trying to achieve it. Don't keep saying 'tomorrow', say 'right now.' A desire without a plan is only a wish. I have a lot of growing up to do. In the next four years I will change a lot but I'm documenting it all in this blog. I want to look back at this post in Senior year and think about how much I've grown. Younger me would admire the me I am now and I hope to continue to feel that way about myself, as if I am only improving. Join me in this journey :).
No comments:
Post a Comment